Sunday, January 1, 2012

Victims wake to pedophile nightmare in Sihanoukville

May Titthara and Vincent MacIsaac
The Phnom Penh Post


For Mao Rin, not her real name, the past week has sent her back to the time when she was eight or nine years old. She is not sure exactly how old she was when it happened because she has blocked most of it out of her mind.

“I always dreamed about that story,” she said yesterday, referring to the series of sexual assaults she experienced from serial pedophile Alexander Trofimov. Now, however, the nightmares she had learned to shake herself out of have returned as thoughts that shock her while she is awake. “I cannot find the words to describe what I felt when I heard he was released,” she told the Post. “Now, I remember everything he did to me when I was a child.”

Readmore

No comments:

Post a Comment